One Day I Will Bloom...

Thank you Jessica for these thought provoking questions...thank you God for revealing something precious to me tonight...

What does the bud do while it waits to bloom?

Somehow I gender this little bud with female characteristics. I see her as the tiniest cutest little thing there ever was. Her leaves are delicate and soft. She is a rich green, full of life and vitality. She has deep strong roots, and she sways and glistens in the "Son". She waits for that day when she will bloom with trembling excitement. She is scared that somehow she won't be as pretty as the other flowers in the garden. She prays that the weeds won't choke her out and that the "Son" will pour out life giving rays. She is excited to see what color she might be. Standing tall against wind and rain, she drinks deep, and with fragile breath bubbles forth, a rare species in the Master's flower garden...

What does God call us to do while we wait to bloom in His Flower Garden?

Hard Question! It is not my strong suit to wait patiently. I want everything revealed to me. Yet, it saddens me to think I might bloom before I'm ready, that the colorful blessings of my pedals may be less brilliant. I cannot rush the process. I need to lean my silken leaves back and drink deep of the life giving water and absorb the sweet sunshine! God wants my contentment. He wants me to trust Him, not go about my own way. If my roots are shallow I'm liable to topple over and die...never reaching my full brilliance or bloom!...

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, " and I will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." - Jeremiah 29: 12-14

"It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear."
- Isaiah 65:24

So, sometimes I'm so intent on the blooming that I miss the process of the Savior tending to me. Of gently tilling the soil around me, gently pulling the dead leaves from my body, and showering me with His nourishment...the pruning isn't always pleasant, nor is the rain because I can get soggy, but in the end when the sun crests the horizon and those first long rays shimmer across my newly formed pedals reflecting the brilliance and color, I will know that it was worth it. Right now I simply want to enjoy the process!

How can we wait patiently for God to reveal His will to us?

I think sometimes in our rushed attempt to figure out when we will bloom we miss God's will. The key is to patiently wait. How do you do that...well, I haven't fully figured that out...but despite my impatience my Gardener still cares for me. He often speaks to me saying, "Slow down little one, you aren't quite ready. Trust me, I will make you big, and strong, and beautiful. No one will doubt whose flower bed you came from."

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

I will bring the third that remain through the fire and make them pure, as gold and silver refined and purfied by fire. They will call upon my name and I will hear them; I will say, "They are my people," and they will say, "The Lord is our God."

May all you little buds be blessed this week :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Thinking on the "Rantings of a Mad Woman"