No Longer in Anguish, Mark of the Lion, and Isaiah 6

Well, as of late I have had like 20 or so ideas come into my head for things that I want to post...just too much going on in my little old head...there is always to much going on in my little head, sometimes I wish my head would shush and let me have a moments peace...oh well!

Good News...I'm no longer in Anguish!!! God is faithful and merciful. My Mother is currently back home in Georgia dealing with the circumstances with my family member. This person had to go into Winwood, which is a rehab facility, at least it isn't state funded institution, and hopefully this person is getting the help they need. I just feel a complete sadness over this...I was listening to Todd Agnew (who else) and there is a part in one of his songs that talks about God creating children...and I thought of this family member as a young child, care free, running in the tall grass, being kissed by the face of God, and my heart just fell to pieces. I just ask that you keep my family in your prayers, especially my Mom, Grandmother, and of course my relative that is facing this time. I pray that God holds them in the shadow of His mighty wings. I praise God for who He is, and I praise God for each of you and your faithful prayers.

Well, I've just begun the third book "As Sure as the Dawn" in the Mark of the Lion series. The first two "A Voice in the Wind" and "An Echo in the Darkness" were so profound. I have been thinking about them all day long. I finished "An Echo in the Darkness" last night and just wept. I couldn't catch my breath. I am so astounded at what an amazing writer Mrs. Francine Rivers truly is. She can captivate an audience, but in her writing you truly see the work of her King...she says that she hopes her writing drives people to the Bible, and I know it has for me. There is so much that I want to say about this work. I have to admit that I do believe that this work is even more profound than "Redeeming Love" for me because I could relate to the main character Hadassah so much, and at the same time, longed to have just a small portion of her humble strength in the Lord. I encourage you that if you are interested in great fiction, a good read, and a series that will pull deeply on your heartstrings and your faith check these books out!!! You will not be dissapointed...even you men!

Alright, so did I mention I've been listening to "Reflection of Something"...Todd Agnew's new Cd...if I haven't I do deeply apologize! Well he has a lovely song on their, probably one of my favorites...called Isaiah 6. I believe I also mentioned that I gleen so much when I read Isaiah, so I thought I would simply share with you this passage of scripture...

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty."

Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? An who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!

He said, "Go and tell this people

Be ever hearing, but never understanding
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed."

Then I said, "For how long, O Lord?"
And he answered:

"Until the cities lie ruined
and without inhabitant,
until the houses are left deserted
and the fields ruined and ravaged,
until the Lord has sent everyone far away
and the land is utterly forsaken.
And though a tenth remains in the land,
it will again be laid to waste.
But as the terebinth and oak
leave stumps when they are cut down,
so the holy seed will be the stump in the land."

May you have a blessed and lovely night! (More exciting things to come :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey girl!
I read "As Sure as the Dawn" years ago and it has always stood out to me. I think that that is my all time favorite book (even over the other ones in that series!) I hope you enjoy it.
Miss ya!
Melissa said…
Gayla - :) back at ya!

Oh Krysal! So, I haven't gotten that far in "As Sure as the Dawn" so it is so good to hear that you think it is your favorite in the series...I have to say right now that "An Echo in the Darkness" really pierced my heart. This series is awesome. I think I will enjoy it...I miss you terribly!

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Thinking on the "Rantings of a Mad Woman"