Emotional Purity

First, thank you for everyone who took the time out of their busy schedule to respond to my last post. It thrills my soul when my sisters got my back, ya know what I mean. That is so awesome “Pilot Mom” about your son…I’ll keep him in my prayers as well…I’m holding onto faith! Thanks “Kat” for everything, Becky you move me out of complacency, all of you are blessings to my soul.

I just have one more short thought on the same topic. You know there is much talk on saving yourself physically for marriage. That is marvelous, wonderful, and beautiful…etc… Even if there are questions on what boundaries you should cross, date/ don’t date/ hold hands/ kiss/ don’t kiss/ careful where you put your hands, etc… there is an opinion out there from everyone. However, if I mind my Ps and Qs and behave myself like a little prim and proper lady, let’s say for the sake of saying it, that I don’t even kiss…BUT…in my heart I fall in love with every guy that is remotely nice to me or that I find remotely attractive…I lay my heart on the line and start my mind spinning with all my hopes and dreams, pouring every ounce of them into a man I barely know (but boy can I conform him into what I need)…it is said that a woman can create a romantic scenario as quickly as a man can fantasize about a woman in bed (and lets be honest ladies, I mean I can just as quickly go to the bedroom as anywhere else)…when I have had my “feel” or my hunger can no longer be slated by this fantasy…I find myself a little depressed and a little hollowed out…heart broken if you will until that next blue eye catches mine.

My point is we talk and talk and talk atnauseum of sexual purity…WHAT ABOUT EMOTIONAL PURITY! When God said to pure I don’t think He meant in just one area of our lives, I think He meant in every area…body, mind, soul, spirit, and emotions…

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
- 1 John 3: 1-7


It means that we have to step back and really treat each other as brothers and sisters, with open, honest communication about our feelings…set clear boundaries…otherwise we only keep hurting one another and tearing one another down…now, do I know how to do this…NO…am I working on it…YES!

----
The fourth installment of Love Letters is on the Writer's Corner!

Comments

Becca said…
thats a toughie


but you can do it kiddo
fofinha said…
Baby girl, you know my prayers and the strength of God is behind you every step of this journey. I pray for your emotional purity as much or more than your physical purity. God will grant you the desires of your heart as they are in line with His will.

Even when folks stray from what God has ordained, example me, He will provide. God is in your corner and He is working out the particulars of that man for you. Patience, though painful and miserable most of the time, is your best weapon.

My love is ever with you as are my prayers. God will get you through to the victory He has already created.

mk
Pilot Mom said…
Emotional purity is vital because that leads to physical purity. Great thoughts, Melissa!
Melissa said…
I love you all...more than words can say...I just have to say that well, I am hanging on and I know God is perfecting a good work in me...love...love!
Carol said…
You know, I'd never even thought about emotional purity before.

I've learned something today.

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Mornin'