Sunshine's Wedding!

Left: Jill/ Middle: Me/ Right: Jennifer
(If you are wondering why there are no pics of Sunny, well her nor any of the Muslim girls heads were covered, so no pics of them!!!)

So, I just got back from my friend Sunshine's Wedding Reception! She is totally a big heap of Sunshine in my life...

It was great...Sunny is Muslim and it was a Muslim celebration. Us girls hung out in one part of the Reception area and the boys in another. It was like a big Bachlorette party, but nothing that wild and crazy. The food was AWESOME! The seasoned lamb, chicken, rice, desserts...you name it. I made a total pig of myself, what is new.

The music was rich and as flavorful as the food. Sunshine twirled me around the dance floor and...well I can't dance one lick, but I love to...the music just has a rich rythm that makes your hips sway to the beat. It was a lot of fun. The most beautiful people I tell you. Those girls were gorgeous. I could have gobbled up the kids running around...but I was to full ha! Sunny looked radiant! Full of life and glowing.

She is so young and I just wish her the best life has to offer. The great thing about Sunshine is that we are able to talk about our faith in such a real and honest way. I've encouraged her with scripture and love and hugs and all that great stuff. I have to sort of be careful with what I say about this because there are some people that read my blog from work...but I just ask you guys to pray for her and her new husband and their families...she blesses my heart more than you will ever know. A piece of me will always be just for Sunshine!

I probably made a complete fool of myself out on the dance floor, but ya know what I don't care one little bit...it was a rich wonderful experience and I'm so grateful that I got to have it.

Two and a half more weeks of work left. I'm starting to freak out...freak out I tell you...my Pastor always says that you have to step out of the pew before God will give you grace...well I'm a steppin'... steppin' big time.
They are planning a party for me...a party for little ole me...and I think we might go dancing before that...::throws her hands up with great delight::...I feel so loved. I walked into the store tonight and about 10 people told me how nice I looked. I've been feeling so crappy about myself lately...the weight, the yuck factor. Why does fat equate to ugly???...I'm smart, funny, pretty, and nice I tell you...and I have a t-shirt to prove it...I really do!...But tonight I felt most beautiful, wanted and loved! God knew I needed it.
I guess I should probably get to bed soon, church is tomorrow...I get to play with the babies in the nursery and then I get to worship God, one of my most favorite things to do!!!

I love you all dearly. I'm sorry if this made no sense...it is a 11:45pm and I'm sort of an old woman who needs her rest. You guys take care. God bless and nighty...night!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Mornin'