The Silence is Deafening!


This is where I am at in my life right now. If you had told me that I would be unemployed for over three months, living at home, and have to be relying more on my parents than I wish at 26 I would tell you you were crazy! This has been the most frustrating, difficult, hard, most rewarding, exciting, time of my life. I would not take anything for it for the world. I am learning about myself and how I was living my life…the good, the bad, and the ugly. I’m learning how I dealt with life, work, and home was not at all how God intended it to be. I learned that garbage in does truly produce garbage out. I’ve learned about heart sickness and feeling like God has left me high and dry. I felt abandoned and alone, but I’ve also learned about surrender, just how long I can hold on with my fingertips, and how for the first time in my life I really and truly want to live for Him. I want to be authentic with every aspect of my life and genuine in the way I live it. Of course the old sinful Melissa pops her head up, with attitude in toe, but I realize that I never want to live a complacent life again; I want to be in His will consistently He has promised that there is something coming over the Horizon. That I know longer will simply look out upon it, but I will rise up to meet it. I trust and cling to that promise when I can cling to nothing else. He has also got me in a holding pattern. The one thing I’ve learned is that God is God, and He is going to work in us how He chooses, and if we are truly following His will the road is narrow, dangerous, and we often have no idea what is around the next bend. God is silent and constant in my life right now. He has also called me to a place of silence about my life. I made a lot of promises and speculations on what I was going to do…I was so bold and confident. God reminded me I am not to say what I will be doing tomorrow because I can’t be promised a tomorrow and He is the only one that holds the tomorrow’s in the palm of His hand. I am to be silent about my life until He tells me otherwise. So, all I can say right now is God has me in a holding pattern…praise be to His infinite wisdom! My prayer is that I will continue to hear His voice and be faithful to His calling. May all of you be filled to brimming with His love, peace, and abundant abundant JOY! God is SOOOOO good and worthy of much praise!

10For God is not unrighteous to forget or overlook your labor and the love which you have shown for His name's sake in ministering to the needs of the saints (His own consecrated people), as you still do.
11But we do [strongly and earnestly] desire for each of you to show the same diligence and sincerity [all the way through] in realizing and enjoying the full assurance and development of [your] hope until the end,
12In order that you may not grow disinterested and become [spiritual] sluggards, but imitators, behaving as do those who through faith (by their leaning of the entire personality on God in Christ in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness) and by practice of patient endurance and waiting are [now] inheriting the promises.
13For when God made [His] promise to Abraham, He swore by Himself, since He had no one greater by whom to swear,
14Saying, Blessing I certainly will bless you and multiplying I will multiply you.
15And so it was that he [Abraham], having waited long and endured patiently, realized and obtained [in the birth of Isaac as a pledge of what was to come] what God had promised him.
16Men indeed swear by a greater [than themselves], and with them in all disputes the oath taken for confirmation is final [ending strife].
17Accordingly God also, in His desire to show more convincingly and beyond doubt to those who were to inherit the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose and plan, intervened (mediated) with an oath.
18This was so that, by two unchangeable things [His promise and His oath] in which it is impossible for God ever to prove false or deceive us, we who have fled [to Him] for refuge might have mighty indwelling strength and strong encouragement to grasp and hold fast the hope appointed for us and set before [us].
19[Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it--a hope] that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil,
20Where Jesus has entered in for us [in advance], a Forerunner having become a High Priest forever after the order (with the rank) of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 6:10-20


Comments

Gigi said…
He is enough.....trying to be and you are a gift....

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Disconnected!