How to Say Thanks!

For many years I have written a Christmas story and handed it out along with gifts. Over the past 5 years or so I had gotten out of that tradition. I have recently picked it back up and hope to make it a tradition that will last for years to come. In these stories I always include thank you's. I know that this is quite silly, but I find it fun and as Reba M. always says, "We all want to be loved and appreciated!" So, I thought I would share them with you now. I will also be posting all of my stories on my Myspace and Writer's Corner. I love you all. Merry Christmas!

Abundant Thanks:

I’m blessed beyond measure to know the true meaning of Christmas. That the Lord of the entire Universe loved me so much that He came as a tiny child and died for me. The awareness of His presence personally in my life is one thing I never quite get used to. Thank you Jesus for this abundant journey, for your love and sacrifice, and the unending work that you continue to do in a muck filled soul such as mine. I love you. Happy Birthday!

To my family…all the Grandmother’s, Aunts, Uncles, and Relatives that fill my heart with so much joy to overflowing. I cannot imagine a life so rich if you all were not a part of it. I don’t express my undying love for each of you as much as I should. I want you to know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. My parents who have been so supportive during these last few months as I rediscover the path that I’m supposed to be on. I am without words to express my gratitude for you love an unending support. To the Rocker Chick and the Diva, that God chose to bless me with two amazing sisters such as you is beyond my understanding. I love you both and I believe in you and the destiny that God has for you.

Those friends who have been by my side through so much…Jennifer W, you inspire me in so many ways. I feel more like a sister than a friend. You fill my cup to overflowing and stir it up with complete understanding and support. I don’t think I could continue to breathe if I didn’t have you in my life. You are one of those friends that it physically hurts to be apart from. I love you. Jamie, what can I say? You just get me, and you love me in a way that is so genuine and personal. I feel so privileged to be your friend. I feel so honored to know you and Chris. Thank you for wanting to be a part of my life. I love you unendingly. Mary K…Darlin’ Precious…that is what you are to me in so many ways. We know each other and the space we live without even saying anything. I don’t know what I did to deserve a friendship such as yours, but I’m blessed to know that it is one that will last for eternity. You have a piece of my heart with you in Brazil. Teresa, you are literally a heartbeat to me, a beacon when things get to stormy. I come into your presence and the fakeness of life just chips a way and the two of us can be truly authentic with one another while we change the world. Thank you for who you are and what you mean to me. Krystal, I haven’t seen your beautiful face in so long and I miss you terribly. You are an angel sent from Heaven to me and there is no other way to say that. You give me so much, beyond whatever I could ask or imagine. Thank you for strength and courage. You are a friend for life.

My church…the very reason I wrote “One Silent Night” was because of your inspiration. I’m without words to have such a Godly man at the pulpit leading God’s people, and for such a body of believer’s that give me strength and understanding. Edee, you give me so much (more than you will ever know), Donna, my wisdom and source of strength, Georgia, you are your Mother’s daughter you bring light to my dark spaces and for that I’m forever indebted, Sharon, I sit back and try to take in some of your strength. Bonnie Hutchinson, you strengthen me. And so many others…Chandra (a blessing in my cup overflowing), Cherie (you and I have such a similar heartbeat, maybe I’ll share mine with you someday), Monica (you add to my life in so many ways), Pat & Wayne, The Shimfessels, The Smith’s, Dorothy, The Baker’s, The Kline’s, and the list goes on and on and on. I’ve left people out and I never intended to do that. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

My blog family! What a unique and interesting time we live in to have people you never even met be such a source of strength and encouragement for you. Claire (my prayer warrior and mentor), Gayla (a provisionary and mentor), Holly (my cup overflows because of you), Becca (my beautiful sassy brilliant angel), Becky (my partner in crime, a source for spiritual growth and understanding), JettyBetty (thankful is what I think when I think of you), Barbara (a giver of her time and energies), Dawn (the source of encouragement in a weary day), Marcia (a kindred spirit).

And to all those out there who make my life more complete…Tina, Jill, James, Gale, Sherry, Linda, and my preschoolers. Those that inspire me… John Eldredge, Francine Rivers, Sara Groves, Todd Agnew, Audio Adrenaline, Kathy Troccolli, Beth Moore, CS Lewis, Charlotte Bronte, Louisa May Alcott, Melissa Gilbert, Michael Landon Jr…

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I’m terribly sorry if I’ve left someone out…my brain ain’t what it used to be.

Comments

Gigi said…
Whoa...to be included in that really touched me. Your words are gifts.....thanks for being in my life as well and if you're ever in KC be sure and let me know!! love and prayers becky
Pilot Mom said…
Melissa, your words are a Balm of Giliad to my soul! They soothe my weary soul! Thank you!

And I totally agree with Gayla, you are a well spring of joy! It bubbles over and freely flows infecting eveyone it touches.

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Mornin'