Shattering the Lies!




I found this little crumpled piece of paper where I had written these things that I felt about myself and the scripture that contradicted this. It was an exercise that I did while going through “The Sacred Romance” by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge.

I thought I would share it with you…

INSECURE, STAND UP FOR MYSELF, FREAK:

16 I will pronounce my judgments on my people

because of their wickedness in forsaking me,

in burning incense to other gods

and in worshiping what their hands have made.

17 "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. 18 Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. –Jeremiah 1: 16-18

NOT ACCEPTABLE:

11But now finish doing it also, so that just as there was the readiness to desire it, so there may be also the completion of it by your ability.
12For if the readiness is present, it is acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what he does not have.
13For this is not for the ease of others and for your affliction, but by way of equality—
-2 Corinthians 8:11-13


GHOST, FATTY, UGLY, FRIZZY HAIR – MAKE ME FEEL UGLY, DISGUSTING & UNWORTHY OF LOVE:


10Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
11So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.
Psalm 45: 10-11

4Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners. – Song of Solomon 6:4
LOST – YOU WILL NEVER HAVE PURPOSE:
16But for this very purpose have I let you live, that I might show you My power, and that My name may be declared throughout all the earth. – Exodus 9:16

1BE MERCIFUL and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed.
2I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me [Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!
3He will send from heaven and save me from the slanders and reproaches of him who would trample me down or swallow me up, and He will put him to shame. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! God will send forth His mercy and loving-kindness and His truth and faithfulness. – Psalm 57:1-3

1I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
2I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
3In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
4All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth.
5Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great is the glory of the LORD.
6Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.
7Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
8The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. – Psalm 138

It is also encouraging to see how far God has brought me and how far I still have to go. May God go with you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Mornin'