My Supplication!


Great and Just Lord,

I will rebuke that which I cleave to, for it is not of you, and I do not belong to it. I will remove the adulterous look for my face and the unfaithfulness from between my breasts. The stripping is painful Lord and the desert is hot. I know that my sins against you are great, and I know why my land is barren. Have mercy on my children for what I have done…

I have said, “I will go after my lovers, who give me my food and my water, my wool and my linen, my oil and my drink.” Yet, you block my path with thorn bushes; and you wall me in so I cannot find my way. I have chased after my other lovers with so much gusto and determination, but I have not caught them, they do not satisfy. I have looked high and low for what would satisfy me, but my mouth grows dryer by the day.

Then I said, “I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now.” I had forgotten, foolishly forgotten, that you were the one who gave me the grain, the new wine and oil. It was you who lavished on me the silver and gold which I squandered on my lusts.

You have proclaimed:

“Therefore I will take away my grain when it ripens and my new wine when it is ready. I will take back my wool and may linen, intended to cover her nakedness. So, now I will expose her lewdness before the eyes of her lovers; no one will take her out of my hands. I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days – all her appointed feasts. I will ruin her vines and her fig trees, which she said were her pay from her lovers; I will make them a thicket, and wild animals will devour them. I will punish her for the days she burned incense to the Baals; she decked herself with rings and jewelry, and went after her lovers, but me she forgot.”

Oh, just when I thought all hope was gone, when I thought it was too late you allured me into the desert and you spoke tenderly to me. You gave me back my vineyards and made the Valley of Trouble a door of hope for me. I will sing as in the day of my youth, as in the day I came out of darkness into light. You are no longer my master, but my husband whom I love deeply. My thoughts and my praises of my other lovers lose their luster in the site of you, oh burn them from my lips, and refine me from the ashes. Oh, glorious day when I shall see my Lover face to face. I am betrothed to you forever and ever. Nothing can wrench me from your hand. I am betrothed in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. You have betrothed me in faithfulness and I will acknowledge you as Lord.

You have chosen to respond. You have proclaimed:

“I will respond to the skies, and they will respond to the earth; and the earth will respond to the grain, then new wine and oil, and they will respond to Jezreel. I will pant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.’ I will say to those called ‘Not my people’ ‘You are my people’, and they will say, ‘You are my God.’”

You are my God. I love you. I am sorry. Restore me to your grace. Reveal the mystery you have for me.

Your Beloved,
Melissa

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just wanted to stop by and say hey...I love that picture you posted!!!
Gigi said…
Happy Birthday Girl....hope this is a year of blessed events and that you see them as just that. His blessing you, guiding, challenging, encouraging and convicting you because you are that important to Him and that His purpose for Your life is just THAT His Purpose...He loves you so and I love reading and sharing in your journey. Happy Birthday and much love in Christ your sister Becky!!

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Disconnected!