My Crazy Season!


There is restlessness within my spirit as of late. I cannot place my finger on it or why it is there. I have a hunger for something more and an apathy and sluggishness to not grasp after it. I don’t know what it is. I mean of course I should seek Christ. I am striving to just seek Him, but I’m so used to seeking my own desires and ambitions that it is hard not to slip back into the idea that this Christian faith is really all about me. However, I’m cleaving to what Gayla told me, to seek Him and that is what I’m striving to do. I’m on a new journey of surrender that I wish I was on the other side of.

9/23/07 was the first day of FALL, and despite the warm weather I am still so excited about this time of year. I’m like a giddy school girl over the coming season and I am trying to wait with joyful anticipation. There are so many wonderful things that this time of year holds and it truly is when I feel most alive. I wish everyone could know me this time of year. However, it is also one of the busiest times of the year for me and I am desperately trying to get too overwhelmed by my responsibilities and actually rest and enjoy this time of year. It goes by as fast as it is. After all my two favorite holiday’s fall(ha, ha) during this time…Halloween and Christmas.

Two weekends ago was spent moving my sister into her new apartment in Nashville. I had muscles aching that I didn’t even know I had. I guess that is what happens when you move in 90 degree weather with thick humidity. The biggest thing is that we got her moved and Michelle and I had the ability to help her out. I know that she would do it for us in a moment. The work hasn’t stopped. The weekends and weekdays up to October 20th will consist of cleaning out for our annual yard sale. It is going to be quite large and I’m praying I don’t get drowned by the task. I’m also planning a complete overhaul and rearrangement of my room.

On Labor Day I got to do one of my most favorite things of the year which helps kick off the season for me and that is….the Ohio Renaissance Festival. This is the third year my friend and her family have gone. It is a BLAST! We had another great adventure and I finally got a picture with “me pirate”. I’m hoping next year, if I have the privilege of going, to do some things we haven’t done before. This past weekend we went to the Celtic Festival in KY. We stayed a little while, but it just didn’t have the punch that the Ren. Festival had.

I hoping for a Natural Bridge trip at the first of November, planning a ladies church dinner at my house, and of course we are going home to Georgia for Thanksgiving.
I’m so thankful that I’ve completed my Christmas story, gotten my Christmas cards, and will hopefully be prepared on that end for the coming holiday season. We get to stay in Kentucky for Christmas this year and my sister and I are going to get to prepare Christmas dinner. I am so excited!

Then in January I get to go see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. This is something you will be hearing more about. This is something I have wanted to do since Mom and Dad brought the soundtrack home when I was little…fun times.

Even though I have many plans from here to the New Year I’m trying not to make permanent plans. I’m excited about the work the Lord is doing in me. I know that He reserves the right to come and interrupt my plans anytime He wants. I’m so thankful for the gift of HOPE! So thankful to Have Him!

Oh yeah! This weekend…well tomorrow I’m going to see Todd Agnew in Concert, and Sunday is probably one of my second favorite things of the year…Homecoming. I will be singing several songs on Sunday so keep me in your prayers.

I LOVE FALL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Mornin'