The Etching of a Friend!

There are individuals in this world that get me, I mean really get me. When I ramble or complain or say nothing, they understand! When I’m around these individuals we tend to skip the surface of pleasantries and instantly go deep to the root. It’s rich, powerful, almost too much. This is a vulnerable place to be, having someone know you that deeply, but what a rich and intoxicating thing to have. To be wanted and valued…that your pains, hurts, joys, laughter, tears are all important. In the conversations you share you are changing the world because changes take place within you and the person you are with. My fear sometimes gets the better of me and I miss out on these precious moments.

It doesn’t take very long to etch out what true friendship is. It’s saying you are the most important thing to me right now, I’m making a Heaven memory right this moment with you. There is a choice to laugh, cry, curse, praise, to get to those hard to reach and painful layers, those soul moments where all is exposed, on the table, nothing hidden. This is a space where you are completely safe to be you, the most beautiful painting on the wall!

We all need to be needed. I have a friend who, when I call her or email her and ask her if she would like to do something, even though she if very busy, is always willing, excited even. I’m a value to her. She is a soul sister.

I have a friend who calls me up just to see how my day went or to find out if I’m alright. She loves me just for me. I can be myself around her. I can be a little obsessed or gush over a cute boy and we can laugh together. I can share my frustrations and she will feel my pain and defend me. I am loved by her.

I love to be pursued. Our hearts are made for that. God pursues us, woos us to a deep relationship with Him. I had a friend pursue me this last week. It is a rare thing indeed when this happens! (I wonder if I ever come off as unapproachable, I pray I never do!) She is a soul sister who loves me. She initiated and kept it up…wow! Three hours with her was like manna from Heaven, something you cannot store up, but something that tastes like nothing you have tasted, a completely satisfying meal.

True intimacy is a fruit producing time. This is something we need. I truly do not have the words to express what it feels like to be loved this way. It is such a calming and restorative thing…a great mystery. Luscious rain on parched ground…I’m richly nourished!

The etching of a friend is this…to be truly loved and wanted just for who you are!

I’m inspired by the Lyrics of Sara Groves song,”Every Minute”:

I am long on staying
I am slow to leave
Especially when it comes to you my friend
You have taught me slow down
And to prop up my feet
It's the fine art of being who I am
And I can't figure out
Why you want me around
I'm not the smartest person I have ever met
But somehow that doesn't matter
No it never really mattered to you at all
And at the risk of wearing out my welcome
At the risk of self-discovery
I'll take every moment
And every minute that you'll give me
And I can think of time when families all lived together
Four generations in one house
And the table was full of good food
And friends and neighbors
That's not how we like it now
Cause if you sit at home you're a loser
Couldn't you find anything better to do
Well no I couldn't think of one thing
I would rather waste my time on than sitting here with you
And at the risk of wearing out my welcome
At the risk of self-discovery
I'll take every moment
And every minute that you'll give me
And I wish all the people I love the most
Could gather in one place
And know each other and love each other well
And I wish we could all go camping
And lay beneath the stars
And have nothing to do and stories to tell
We'd sit around the campfire
And we'd make each other laugh remembering when
You're the first one I'm inviting
Always know that you're my friend
And at the risk of wearing out my welcome
At the risk of self-discovery
I'll take every moment And every minute that you'll give me
Every moment and every minute that you'll give me
Every moment and every minute that you'll give me
Every minute

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Thinking on the "Rantings of a Mad Woman"