It's a Real Fairytale sort of thing...



The soft stirring flutters deep within the corner of my parched soul - a waking feeling as if I have been in a deep sleep for some 30 years. The morning sunlight drips through stoic trees as the gentle wind tickles their tender leaves. The sound rushes quickly & quietly into my ears, filling my body with a tingle of sensation. My eyes blur & focus - catching small fragments of light & color.

I have been waiting; seemingly forcing my eyes to keep shut. It as if I have been spiraling further into the darkness of slumber by the shear force of my will; fear has kept me bound in this six feet of space! But, re-birth takes time. It takes falling into the black, trusting that sure strong hands will catch me - trusting that this journey is dangerous & worth it!

I stretch my stiff limbs, cautiously testing the strength of my legs... first one foot then the other. Steadily. I stand &, though my legs are shaky, I hold. I survey the canopy above. The light dancing on green stirs something deep within me. My eyes prick with tears. My legs shake, struggling to stay upright, as I take my first step. The fear takes over momentarily & my glass casket, the slumber it holds, beacons softly.

I want to retreat, but I take another step - more sure footed this time. With each step I throw aside fear & begin to quicken my pace. In a matter of moments I am running through the woods to the break I see in the distance. Bursting forth, the sunshine warms me down to my marrow. I throw my shoes to the wayside, spinning & twirling, the grass & soil soaking in my toes!

I will not choose death over life again! I will go forward boldly & confidently; writing of the ancient paths, telling of the old ways, creating adventure in my path, & beseeching others to follow. I clap my hands with joy! My soul sings of His promise! The promise of the sun on the horizon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Me Share My Narrative With You (His Testimony!)

Happy Thanksgiving!...Kingdom Living!

Mornin'